Please always take care when burning candles and burning paraffin lamp oil in oil lamps.
• Never leave a burning candle unattended.
• Burn candles out of the reach of children and pets.
• Always leave at least 10cm between burning candles.
• Do not burn candles on or near anything that can catch fire.
• Do not place candles in a draught.
• Do not place candles near a source of heat.
• Place candles in an upright position.
• Trim wick to about 1cm before lighting.
• Always snuff out the flame. Do not blow it out.
• Always use a candle holder.
• Keep the wax pool clear of matches and other debris to avoid flaring.
• Only use tea lights in holders and warming stoves with sufficient ventilation.
• Do not move a burning candle.
• Use a suitable container where appropriate as some candles liquefy when burning.
• Never use liquid to extinguish the flame.